The University has contracted with an Instructional Designer who normally works at UofT to host a series of sessions in the month of August to assist faculty members with converting courses for online/hybrid delivery, increasing engagement in online classes, and other topics. Juan Mavo-Navarro has been a faculty member at 3 universities and has worked in distance education for more than 20 years.
Specifically, the topics he will host sessions on in August/September will be:
• Increasing Engagement Online - 1.5 hours
• Transitioning an Existing Course to an Online Format - 3.0 hours
• How to Develop a New Online Course - 4.0 hours (Note: only delivered once)
• Formative Assessment Techniques - 1.5 hours
• Ensuring Accessibility Online - 1.0 hours
• Tips & Tricks for Synchronous Online Activities - 1.5 hours
Except for the one noted above, all sessions will be delivered twice during August to give maximum opportunity for people to attend.
*To view the schedule and participate, check your emails for a message from Scott Stoddard [Notices] sent on Thursday, August 6.