Wireless is available on campus in most public buildings. This includes the library, SUB (Student Union Building), Tim Hortons, all classrooms, computer labs and some areas of the quad.
* Please Note: If you’re having trouble connecting to a network, bring your laptop into the Helpdesk (Johnson 107) and we’d be happy to set things up! During peak hours (e.g. lunch) it is possible that the network will slow down due to a high volume of traffic.
Students, Staff & Faculty
Students, staff and faculty all have access to a wireless network on campus entitled WIZABU. WIZABU allows for permanent wireless access in most buildings using your Bishop’s username and password. Note that the residences do not have wireless access (except Paterson Hall).
* Please Note: Setting up WIZABU requires rather specific steps in order to work, so please follow these guides based on your Operating System:
Guests to the University
Guests visiting the university who don’t have Bishop’s accounts can access internet using our ZAP connection. This is an unsecure network provided by the university for guests’ browsing and email purposes.
Connecting to ZAP is easy:
- Click on your system’s wireless icon in the taskbar and select ZAP from the listed wireless networks.
- Open a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- Try to access any webpage (i.e. google.ca).
- Enter your email address and click ‘Log In’