Follow these steps to connect to the WIZABU network on Windows 8 devices.
1. From the Start menu, start typing “Network and Sharing Center”, then click the “Network and Sharing Center”.
2. Click on “Set up a new connection or network”.
3. When the box appears, click “Manually connect to a wireless network”, then click next.
4. On the next screen, make sure the following information is input exactly as shown:
– Network name: WIZABU
– Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
– Encryption type: AES
– Check “Start this connection automatically”
– Uncheck “Connect even if the network is not broadcasting”
5. A message saying “Successfully added WIZABU” will appear. Click on “Change connection settings”.
6. In the box that pops up, click on the Security tab. Under “Choose a network authentication method:” select “Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)” and then click on “Settings”.
7. In the window that pops up, uncheck “Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate”. Click “OK” to save the settings.
__________________NEEDS NEW SCREEN SHOTs________________
8. Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar, then click on “Network settings”.
9. From this menu, click “Connect”.
10. Enter your Bishop’s username and password into the fields shown and click “OK”.
You should type just your username (not email@example.com). This is the same username and password that you use to log into Moodle, Webmail & myBU, campus computers, etc. Your username is not case-sensitive, but your password is.
11. You should now be successfully connected to WIZABU.
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)